Installation of Windows updates may get disrupted if a software or hardware conflicts occur. If your Microsoft Windows Update cannot successfully install Windows XP patches or features, then the Windows Knowledge Base will have the error codes of the failed updates. The site will also have the step by step instructions to fix the error. After correcting the problem, you can try to install the Windows XP updates again.
How to install updates that failed on Windows XP?
The procedure to install updates that had failed on your Windows XP system is not all that difficult and can be done in a few simple steps. Given below are the steps to do the same-
- To access the Run dialog box, long press the Windows key and then press down ‘R’. Alternatively you can do this by selecting the Start button from the bottom left of the task bar in your desktop. From the resulting pop up menu, select the Run option. In the dialog box that appears, type wupdmgr.exe and then hit OK to open up Windows Update.
- Now choose Review your update history and find the update with the Failed status by scrolling down the entire list of updates.
- Once you locate the Failed update, click on the red ‘X’ next to it. Copy the code that is given near the Error details.
- Open your web browser and go to the Windows Knowledge Base and then select the Advanced Search option.
- In the blank field there, paste the error code that you had copied earlier and then choose Show more search options.From the product menu,
select Windows XP and from the list of options available choose Microsoft support content.
- Hit Search to obtain a large number of results. Go through them to find an article about your error and follow the instructions given in it to fix your problem.
These are the basic steps to install updates that failed on your Windows XP operating system. If you have any doubts regarding the same, simply dial the Windows support number to get instant help. You can obtain the Windows support number from the internet and the professional at the other end of the line will help you resolve your problem.