In case you forget the password of a user account in your Windows Vista computer, it will not bother you much. If none of your attempts to reset the password works out, you can simply delete the user account and create a new one. However, if you forget the password of the administrator account, the situation becomes a bit edgy. Thus, you might think of taking your PC to a repair center or call for technical assistance. In either case, you should be ready to part with some money.
Dialling Windows support number seems a better option. Fortunately, you do not have to bear any expenses if you are spare a few minutes to learn how to reset the Administrator account password in your Windows Vista PC.
Resetting Password using Password Reset disc
- Reboot you computer and let the logon screen appear.
- In the Password field, type the incorrect password and click OK.
- Windows will now display a dialogue box that would say User name or password is incorrect.
- Click on the OK button and Windows will now give you the option to reset the password.
- Press on the Reset Password button to launch the Password Reset Wizard.
- When prompted, insert the Password Reset disc in the disc drive of your PC.
- Click on the Next button and choose Password Reset disc from the options to proceed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
- When the wizard requests you to enter a new password, type a unique but easy to remember password in the designated field. You will be requested to enter a Password hint to let you recall the password in future.
- Ensure that you enter a hint that you can easily associate with the password. However, be sure not to give any easy to guess hints.
- After entering the new password and the hint, click on the Next button to continue to the next step.
- Press on the Finish button to complete and close the wizard.
- Now, log in to the Administrator user account using the new password.
If you do not have the Password Reset disc, the next possible solution is to contact Microsoft tech team by dialling Windows support number. Be sure to produce the product key for verification purposes. Free tech support is limited to genuine users with valid product key.Google+