Windows Vista is an operating system developed by Microsoft and is the successor of Windows XP. Like it is the case with any other operating system, Windows Vista can also be buggy at times. If you are finding it difficult to resolve problems in your laptop running on Windows Vista, it’s better to give a call to the Microsoft technicians. Technicians in Microsoft will assist you in resolving a variety of issues over phone. This article contains instructions for reaching the technical support team of Microsoft.
Instructions for reaching Windows support number
To reach Windows support number for fixing technical issues in a laptop running on Vista, all you have to do is to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Start off by launching your Internet browser and visit the website of Microsoft.
- Click on the blue tab titled “Help and How-to”.
- Select “Windows Vista”.
- Point your mouse towards the right side of “Windows Vista Help and How-to” page and click on the link labeled “Contact Support”.
- Locate and click on the link which says “Windows Vista” which is located under the section titled “Contact Support”.
- Choose the version of Windows Vista you are using from the list.
- Select a support topic from the drop-down menu and hit the “Continue” button.
- Type in your Windows Vista product identification number. You will be charged with some amount if you fail to enter the product identification number. Hit the blue button labeled “Continue” to move on to the next page.
- Choose the option for “Call Microsoft” contact method and hit the “Continue” button. You will be given a price list depending up on whether or not you have entered the product identification number.
- Log in to your Windows Live ID account. If incase you don’t have one, you need to open one. Once you are logged in, you will be taken to a page where in you can see a number to make the call. Remember that if you have failed to enter the product identification number, you will have to pay money for accessing Windows support number.
That’s all with the information about accessing the support number for Windows.